“A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, then it’s not good”
When creating a website or an app, we need to make sure that everything works out. Consistency and grids are highly important so that the user experience is at its best.
- Give your design a consistent look and feel, to build a familiarity and give users confidence.
- Good typography will give your design character and make it more readable.
- Colour is an important tool to help with the continuity of elements while maintaining the personality of the brand.
- Patterns provide consistent solutions to common design problems.
- Hierarchy will highlight what elements the user should be interacting on a page.
- Interactions provide personality and can make a design look more “human”.