Last Friday we had a very interactive and different class with Cecilie: we started by reading a bartender guide and replacing the words “bartender” for “designer”, turning these tips into something completely relatable to our practise – Illustration/graphic design.
Here are some points that might be useful:
- Setting the tone of your illustration/work/interview – you are the one who’s responsible for this.
- Be observant – analyse what is around you. This shows and sharps your ability to listen.
- Use the right thing…for the right thing.
- Be humble.
- It is always a plus to change your style or theme every once in a while, be eclectic and a bigger range of work shall be given to you.
- You are on “the stage” so you will be scrutinised.
- Perfect your craft – knowledge and skills.
- You are a source of information – be aware of your contacts.